Conservative Poker Fan in "The Biz"

Saturday, September 25, 2004

In short UB....what the hell?!

As of this writing, UltimateBet has been having "server issues" for about 2 days. Apparently, "server issues" means "nothing works around here." Right now, I'm very happy I tried out Poker Stars, as that site is up and running full speed, so my poker fix is being tended to at least.

A different problem I had earlier in the day is something I'm pretty sure I'll have bad dreams about. I've got pocket 5's, I raise and get three callers. The flop brings out the other two 5's, so I've flopped quads. As I begin to make plans for all the money I'm about to collect, I realize that noone has made a bet or checked in awhile. I pay closer attention; ack, my wireless router has bummed out!!!

You see, my daughter was playing on the "good" computer (thanks Dad!), so I was playing on our old computer that I retrofitted with a wireless network adapter, so we could share the internet connection. And the doggone thing craps out when I flop quads!!!

Just for your future information, buy a Linksys wireless router, not D-Link. My dad has a Linksys and that thing has just run and run and run. I got a D-Link, and it crapped out on me holding quads!!!