Conservative Poker Fan in "The Biz"

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Dodgers are rolling

I came into the season with very, very low expectations. The Angels just down the street (boo American League ball) were making move after move, and my Dodgers were stuck in the middle of a sale to a guy that nobody was certain had the cash necessary to buy the team.

Well, McCourt did buy the team, then fired just about everybody involved with the team in the past 8 years....not a bad move, I'd say, considering 8 years ago was the last time we were in the playoffs. The one firing I didn't like was that of GM Dan Evans. I thought the guy did well with what he had to work with, and he seemed nice enough. This DePodesta guy seems to have the magic touch, however, as my Dodgers are #1 in the west, albeit by .190 percentage points over the crummy Padres.

I'll take it.