Conservative Poker Fan in "The Biz"

Friday, May 14, 2004

Sadr will fall soon

I find this to be a very good development in our battle with Sadr's forces and a sort of light version on what I explained I thought we should be doing in my post just previous to this one. After weeks of taking mortar fire from a supposed sacred cemetary which includes the Imam Ali shrine. The shrine is the reason Najaf is so revered as Ali was basically the reason the Shi'ite form of Islam came to be.

Like I stated earlier, we need to be less worried about why something in the past is so significant to our enemies and instead worry about what we need to take the bad guys down. If it is possible to take them down without pounding the shrine to pebbles, great. But if the insurgents want to kill Americans from the shrine and make it impossible to stop their lawlessness without taking the shrine, the shrine must fall and we must make it clear that it is on the heads of the insurgents that it had to fall.