Conservative Poker Fan in "The Biz"

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

But they don't count because...

Hugh Hewitt guides us to this article regarding the recent discovery of an artillery shell containing sarin nerve gas.

It also mentions another homemade bomb that used mustard gas that was found 10 days ago; I don't know about you, but I didn't hear anything about that finding from anyone in the media.

I'm sure we'll be told how this doesn't count as a finding of WMD's because...well, I can't think of any excuse worth using, but I'm sure we'll hear them at some point.

Taking a political look at this, which is not something I usually like to do with items such as WMD but feel a need to do at this time, why isn't the administration holding this evidence up for all the world to see? I don't care how "little" we found (sarin can kill in very small doses), we found evidence of illegal WMD's in Iraq. Not only were they found, they were in the process of being used against our troops! That's not a story worth getting out?