Conservative Poker Fan in "The Biz"

Monday, November 15, 2004

The State Department gets an overhaul

As you can see, I haven't posted in quite awhile, so that should tell you just how important I feel it is that Colin Powell has resigned as Secretary of State and has been replaced by Condoleezza Rice.

Powell is a great American and true public servant, but his views as Secretary were much too moderate for my tastes given the current state of the world's affairs.

Rice brings an absolutely sterling record to the job and is much less likely to be willing to bend her views towards so-called "internationalism," for which Powell is being given much praise from some European countries.

The one thing I will forever be grateful to Colin Powell for is his remarkable presentation to the U.N. regarding Iraq. Though it appears that much of the information the presentation was based might have been faulty (I actually lean more towards the theory that WMD's were moved), his presentation brought full attention to the danger Hussein posed. I have no doubt if many, many high ranking people in some of the countries in opposition to the war were not on the take in the "Oil-for-Food" program, those countries might very well not have been in opposition at all mostly due to Powell's presentation.

For that, I am grateful Powell was there; for all the praise he is receiving from certain European countries, I am grateful he has resigned.