Conservative Poker Fan in "The Biz"

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

A new poker site...well, "new" to me anyway

I usually play poker using the Ultimate Bet software. The interface is really easy to use, they have constant tourneys and sit n gos, and Krazy Kanuck is just fun as hell to watch play.

I recently gave Poker Stars a shot, mainly because they have huge (I'm talking HUGE) tournaments that run throughout the day. To give you an idea, Ultimate Bet has the Krazy Kanuck special tournament every Sunday. It's a $500 buy in tourney which usually attracts a little more than 100 entrants. Top prize usually ends up around $20,000. No small potatoes, for sure, but get a load of this. The last Sunday of every month, Poker Stars has it's own $500 buy in tourney; this past Sunday, over 700 entrants were involved with the top prize hitting over $97,000!!

Now that's a big tourney. The size buy in tourneys I pay ($5-$20) usually attract over 1,000 entrants at Poker Stars, making the paydays pretty substantial, thus worth a look. :-)

I'll let you all know how I end up doing.